Complaint Regarding Fraudulent Advertisement on Facebook

 [Your Name]

[Your Address] [City, Postal Code] [Date]

Director General Consumer Affairs Authority [Address] [City, Postal Code]

Subject: Complaint Regarding Fraudulent Advertisement on Facebook

Dear Director General,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am writing to bring to your attention a disturbing incident involving a fraudulent act committed by a seller on Facebook. I believe it is essential to report this incident to protect not only my consumer rights but also those of numerous unsuspecting customers who may have fallen victim to similar deceitful practices.

On [Date], I came across an advertisement on Facebook for the sale of a solar CCTV camera. Intrigued by the offer, I decided to purchase the item, as I have a keen interest in enhancing the security of my property. The advertisement appeared genuine and convincing, luring me into making the purchase.

Approximately three days after placing the order, the product was delivered to my doorstep by a courier service. However, upon opening the package and inspecting its contents, I was utterly dismayed to discover that instead of the promised solar CCTV camera, the package contained a solar light. This discrepancy between the advertised product and the item received is a clear indication of a fraudulent act on the part of the seller.

Enclosed with this letter, I have included copies of screenshots of the advertisement that initially piqued my interest, as well as all relevant information I could gather about the seller. Additionally, I have attached photographs of the item that was delivered to me, clearly illustrating the stark contrast between what was advertised and what was received.

I am deeply concerned about the prevalence of such fraudulent activities on social media platforms, which can easily deceive unsuspecting consumers. This not only constitutes a breach of trust but also undermines the credibility of online marketplaces and erodes consumer confidence.

I kindly request the Consumer Affairs Authority to investigate this matter thoroughly and take appropriate actions against the seller responsible for this deceptive advertising. It is crucial that such individuals face the consequences of their actions to deter them from engaging in further fraudulent practices.

Furthermore, I implore you to take measures to protect consumers from falling victim to similar scams on social media platforms. Awareness campaigns and stricter regulations may be necessary to ensure the safety and confidence of online consumers.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and hope that appropriate actions will be taken to address this issue and prevent further harm to consumers.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

Enclosures:

  1. Screenshots of the Advertisements
  2. Seller's Information
  3. Photographs of the Received Item

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the book ,Debunking the Kama Sutra Myth?

WHO Are the members of The panel comprising experts To Rewrite India's History ?

Are the temples at Bagan originally Hindu but converted to Buddhism?